2019年2月17日 星期日

Ka Ming ‘s talk


https://www.facebook.com/CinemathequePassion/?tn-str=k%2AF

At the check – in counter, I found my name topping the list of attendants. It was no surprise at all for, as soon as the talk was announced on Facebook, I lost no time to make a seat reservation. I saw it as another lesson on film analysis greatly missed since the termination of the Films Critics Program last year. In fact, the opportunity to listen to our lecturer again was too great an attraction to resist! 

Of course, I was also curious about Almodóvar’s films. The name of the talk suggested “making way for Almodóvar, the unorthodox genius”. I wondered how morally unacceptable they were to the conservative, myself included.

Ka Ming’s talk had the answers to all my questions. It focused on two main characteristics of Almodóvar’s films: on the one hand, they include bizarre elements non conforming to ethical standards and, on the other, they can be emotionally engaging with very careful descriptions of sentimental love between people. The few extracts that Ka Ming showed on the screen impressed us with the colourful display of the scenes, preferences for female personalities and obvious influences from Hitchcock’s movies.

Though intended to serve mainly promotional purposes, the talk satisfied my thirst for information about film analysis. Much of what Ka King said was reminiscent of what we had learned about filming techniques. He has also convinced me that Almodóvar’s films have good reasons for their popularity though personally, I do not find their genre appealing as I am a conservative type of person cherishing my religious faith.


沒有留言:

張貼留言